These small brioche rolls are super fluffy, chocolatey and make the perfect treat.
I think Nutella is probably one of the gifts of life, I know I probably say that about plenty of things, but I only cook the things I love so… Anyway, I have been thinking about making these a few times and after a few attempts I finally got to the perfect bun. These bun are so addictive, they are full of Nutella and oh the way the kitchen smells while they are being cooked….
This is how I made them
All you need to make these buns is: Nutella, bread flour, yeast, milk, egg, honey, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- The first step to these beauties is to warm up the milk with the honey. While that is happening, mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Once the milk is warm, add it to the dry ingredients and then add the egg and the vanilla. Mix together until a dough is formed. Once you have a dough, put it on a flour surface and knead it for around 5 minutes. Then leave it to rise for at least an hour or until double in size.
- Once your dough has doubled, transfer to a flour surface and knead it adding the butter until is combined. Then roll it into a rectangle with the longer side vertically facing you and spread the Nutella over 2/3 of the dough.
- Fold the dough, first fold the part without Nutella over the middle of the dough and then cover it with the other side with the Nutella (like an envelope). Then, using a rolling pin press it down until it becomes a lot thinner but also slightly bigger. Cut the left and right sides of the dough and discard.
- Once the dough is ready, cut it horizontally into long strips of the with of two fingers and roll them over. Tuck the end part of the roll underneath so the top tip will pop up.
- Put the rolls in a greased tin and let them rise for around 30 – 45 minutes.
- After that, brush them with a mix of egg and a dash of milk and bake them in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.
Nutella brioche rolls
Ingredients (makes 9-10 rolls):
- 200 ml of milk (plus a dash for coating)
- 375 gr of flour
- 1 tbsp and 1/2 of instant yeast
- 15 gr of honey
- 25 gr of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (one for the dough and one for coating it)
- 2 tbsp of butter at room temperature
Process (please see all the pictures above for extra info):
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Note: These rolls raise quite a lot, so even if they feel small when you put them in the tin, they will grow to the right size.