These cookies combine two of my favourite things, chunky peanut butter and milk chocolate. They are soft in the middle and full of flavour, you will definitely not be able to eat just one!
I have been trying to make these cookies work for so long! I know they look super simple, but for some reason they were never perfect for me. I kept trying to make them work with dark chocolate which overpowered all the other flavours, turns out milk chocolate was the solution.
I added crunchy peanut butter to give that crunch and also to add the saltiness that the biscuits need, so there is not need for extra salt. They are so addictive and I can honestly say that you will not be able to eat just one!
This is how I made it
All you need to make these cookies is: sugar, brown sugar, honey, oats, milk chocolate, crunchy peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, egg, flour and baking soda.
- The first thing is to beat together the butter, the sugar and the honey.
- Then, add in the egg and the vanilla and the peanut butter and mix again.
- Once it’s all mixed, add the flour and the baking soda, when it’s all incorporated, fold in the oats and the chocolate. Refrigerate the mix for about 30 minutes and then transfer to a baking tray using an ice cream scoop. Cook the cookies in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for around 15 – 20 minutes until they start getting golden on top.
- When you take them out of the oven, let them cool down on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer them to an airing rack.
… and enjoy!
Chocolate chunk & peanut butter cookies
Ingredients (makes 18 cookies):
- 114 gr of melted butter
- 50 gr of brown sugar
- 50 gr of sugar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 160 gr of flour
- 100 gr of peanut butter
- 100 gr of milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- 50 gr of oats
- Beat the butter, the honey, the sugar and the brown sugar together.
- Add in the egg, the vanilla extract and the peanut butter and mix again until combined.
- Once it’s all mixed, add in the flour and the baking soda and mix again.
- Fold in the chocolate and the oats. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, cook in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for around 15 – 20 minutes until they start to get golden.
- Keep the cookies in the tray and then transfer them to an airing rack.