Now that autumn is here and days are getting shorter, I am really craving some easy comfort food and this skillet cookie is just it! It takes very little time to make and topped with some ice cream it’s the perfect treat to share during a cosy afternoon.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
- 114 gr of butter at room temperature
- 60 gr of granulated sugar
- 60 gr of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100 gr of peanut butter – I used chunky PB
- 210 gr of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 100 gr of dark chocolate cut into chunks (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until combined, then add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix again using a hand mixer until just combined, make sure you don’t over mix
- Add in the chocolate chunks and mix them using a spatula
- Transfer the cookie dough into a 8″ (20 cm) skillet covered with butter and pat it into an even layer.
- Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is still gooey