These cookies have been described by my friends and family as some of the best cookies they’ve tried, but they are also somewhat controversial because it seems like cranberries are more of a Christmas thing, but to be honest, they are delicious so I will keep making them no matter the time of the year!
One of the best things about these cookies is that they require no chilling, they are quick and easy to make and to be honest, quite addictive! They are made with oats, so they are super soft when you have them and the walnuts add a bit of crunch.
To be honest, I feel like I need to share more cookie recipes, because there’s nothing I like more than a cookie in the morning (or any time of the day), they just make everything a little bit better.
White Chocolate, Cranberry & Walnut Oat Cookies
Ingredients (makes around 14-16 cookies):
- 96 gr of butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt
- 80 gr of brown sugar
- 20 gr of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda (soda powder)
- 160 gr of flour
- 120 gr of oats
- 60 gr of cranberries
- 100 gr of white chocolate chips
- 70 gr of walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and honey.
- Then, add in the egg and the egg yolk and mix again. Then, add in the greek yoghurt and mix again.
- Add in the flour and mix it in until combined.
- Finally, add in the oats, cranberries, white chocolate chips and walnuts and mix them with a spatula until they are evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scoop (mine was a 5 cm one) place the cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook for 12 to 14 minutes. Take them out as soon as they start browning on the edges. If they feel soft don’t worry, these cookies are soft cookies, so they are meant to be like that!