Healthy is not boring!
I have been meaning to share this recipe for a while, but for some reason I have found photographing these pancakes very difficult, but they are finally here! These pancakes only have 4 ingredients and you would never believe they are actually healthy!
The great thing about these pancakes is that it takes no time to make them and they are completely fuss free, simply put the ingredients in your blender (I use my smoothie maker), blend away and then cook them in a pan. I used ricotta to make mine, but it can be substituted for greek yoghurt, so if you were wake up wanting a sweet treat, there is really no excuse for not making these!
You can top them with whatever you want, fruit, Nutella, yoghurt and honey, the possibilities are endless!
No Fuss Healthy Ricotta & Banana Pancakes
Ingredients (makes 6 to 8 pancakes):
- 50 gr of oats
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 50 gr of ricotta cheese (alternatively you can use greek yoghurt)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Put all your ingredients in a blender and blend.
- Grease a non stick pan with a thin coat of oil (if you apply to much, use a paper towel to get rid of excess oil) and spoon 2-3 spoons of batter into your pan, use the back of the spoon to give them a round shape.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to appear and they unstick from the pan when you use a spatula, they should be brown at the bottom, this should take 1 minute or less, keep your eyes on them! Once ready, flip them with a spatula and cook them until brown, this should not take long.
- Serve hot with your favorite topping!