Is it Christmas without Gingerbread?
First of all, I would like to start by saying that I cannot believe we are halfway through December! I am trying to enjoy the run up to Christmas, but being the anxious person that I am, I cannot help but to start thinking about January and the new year! Am I the only one?
Anyway! I will keep my anxieties to myself and just share this lovely and easy gingerbread cookie recipe, a recipe that people who don’t like ginger actually like! (talk to my mother in law if you don’t agree…) This recipe is super easy and you will have lots of yummy biscuits very quickly.
Easy Gingerbread Cookies
Ingredients (makes around 20 cookies depending on size):
- 280 gr of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 90 gr of molasses
- 110 gr of unsalted butter
- 150 gr of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix up the flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Once melted, mix in the brown sugar and the molasses.
- Then, add in the vanilla and the egg and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix again until combined. I used my hands by the end of the process as it made it all easier.
- You should be able to form a ball with your cookie dough. Once you have it, roll it into a flour surface. I divided mine in 4 to make it easier and because I wanted to do different shapes, but this is up to you.
- Cut your cookies in the desired shapes and cook them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, they’ll be gooier if you just cook them for 10.
- I decorated mine with icing bought from the supermarket.
- I used these cookie cutters bought on Amazon.