A while ago I asked on my Instagram whether people would be interested in me sharing some mocktails as we approach the Christmas period, the response was absolutely overwhelming! So here is the first of them: a mocktail made with apple, ginger beer and honey, so basically it’s good for you.
I have made this drink for all of us non-drinkers who are tired of being handed a juice or a soft drink every time they go out. It’s a delicious cocktail with a great balance of sweet and sour and it’s super easy to make!
Please do let me know if you try it!
Winter Warmer Mocktail
Ingredients (for one mocktail):
- 100 ml of sharp, good quality apple juice
- 50-100 ml of ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 6 tsp of simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- Optional: 1 star anise and 3 slices of apple
For the syrup:
- The skin of 1/2 a lemon
- 100 gr of honey
- 120 ml of water
- 3 points of star anise
- 1/3 of a cinnamon stick
- Prepare the syrup in advance by cooking all the ingredients in a pot over medium to low heat. Keep cooking until the sugar has completely dissolved. Transfer to a glass jar and let it cool completely. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- To make the cocktail, add plenty of ice cubes to a glass.
- Pour in the apple juice followed by the simple syrup, vanilla and lemon.
- Top with the ginger beer.
- Stir the mix with a spoon or stirrer.
- Decorate with some apple and star anise.