Lemon curd is the perfect staple to add to your baking, it’s really easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for up to 10 days, all in all, the perfect staple for your baking!
I am currently obsessed with “curding” things, it’s so easy to do and because it stays in the fridge for a few days, it’s just perfect for a last minute baking. I cannot way to show you all the things I have already made with it!
Tips for success
The process is very straight forward, the key to get it right is to do a double boil, that is, do not let the water touch the bowl where you are cooking, you are basically steaming it. Another key element of the cooking is to keep stirring while the curd cools down.
The curd is ready when it coats the back of a spoon.
It will stay in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 10 days.
- 3 lemons – juice and zest
- 200 gr of caster sugar
- 100 gr of butter
- 1 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- Add the lemon juice and zest, sugar and butter to a bowl. Cook over boiled water, remember that the bowl should not touch the water. Stir occasionally so every us mixed properly.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk the eggs slightly and add them to the bow. Whisk well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Leave it to cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. You know it is ready when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Let the curd cool down completely stirring every now and then. Once it has cooled down, transfer it to sealable containers and keep in the fridge.
One response to “Lemon curd”
[…] All you need to make these lovely bars is: flour, sugar, butter, pistachios, almond and lemon curd. […]