Happy Saturday everyone! Today the sun is shining and I can really feel spring is on its way.
So I have been meaning to make french toast for a long time but I have always been a bit worried about it (not sure why) but my bf mentioned it the other day so I thought I’d just go for it and try to make it. I knew what the ingredients were and I decided to just try and add them the way I thought was going to work and I think maybe I got it right?
I used brioche bread this time, however, I think maybe next time I will give sourdough a go and see what it’s like, I may also try and switch things up and swap the berries for some bacon and avocado, but we’ll get there!
Anyway, I think this is a very easy recipe for when you wake up and fancy something sweet but you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, basically the perfect lazy recipe!
Easy French toast
Ingredients (enough for 4 pieces of toast):
- 4 slices of brioche bread
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A sprinkle of sugar
- Mixed berries
- Greek yoghurt
- Syrup (I used agave)
- In a hollow big plate or in a tray beat the eggs
- Add the milk slowly and keep mixing
- Add the vanilla and the cinnamon, mix well
- Put the bread slices in the mix and let each side soak up for about 2-3 minutes on each side
- Melt the butter over medium heat on a pan
- Put the toast and let each side cook for about 2 minutes
- Once you flip one side around, sprinkle some sugar and once the other side is cooked, flip it again and cook it for a minute or less, we just want the sugar to caramelised. Do the same thing with the other side
- Take the brioche off the heat, add some greek yoghurt, some berries and some syrup and serve hot.