I would like to start this by saying that this is one of the best flavour combinations and you can’t change my mind.
That said, here’s some more things on toast for a lazy day very late breakfast. I actually love this combo on a salad too, but I bought some fresh sourdough, so this was the only way forward. Just added a bit of balsamic, and that was all i needed! This recipe is specially great if you have some salmon left over from the night before.
The weather has been so lovely and warm this weekend that I have just wanted to spend more time outdoors and not so much in my gloomy kitchen. I must say, all of this is making me crave spring so badly and I am also really in the mood for a BBQ today, although I will have to settle for a nice roast dinner because, as my bf said when I suggested it, it’s not warm enough.
I hope everyone is staying safe on this lovely Sunday!
Salmon, apple and gorgonzola toast
- 1 cooked salmon fillet
- Half an apple (I used Granny Smith)
- Gorgonzola (you can also use blue cheese, roquefort or stilton)
- 1 piece of bread
- Balsamic vinegar
- Toast the bread, I like the crunch and I feel like it holds up the whole thing better, but if you have nice fresh bread, you can skip this
- Spread the gorgonzola, again, if the bread is toasted, this should be super easy
- Slice up the apple and add the slices
- Top them with salmon
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra cheese
- Add some balsamic