Anyone else suddenly swamped by all the Christmas treats around the house? I usually don’t really know what to do with them, so I either keep them for next Christmas or try to give them away, however, this year I thought I would do something different with them, so I mixed them all together, and turned them into some delicious cookies.
I believe these are called Monster Cookies in the US, however, I had never seen that in the UK, so I’m just calling them Christmas leftover cookies or just Peanut M&Ms and chocolate cookies.
So what I had at home was M&Ms and A LOT of Lindt chocolate, I added some extra crunchy peanut butter to the mix and voilà! Super tasty cookies that btw, will make your kitchen smell like heaven!
Btw, happy new year everyone! I hope you had a great end of the year and I hope this year brings you everything you want and more!
Peanut M&Ms and Chocolate Cookies
- 114 gr of butter at room temperature
- 50 gr of granulated sugar
- 50 gr of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 100 gr of peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 210 gr of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 100 gr of chocolate chunks – I used Lindt
- 100 gr of peanut M&Ms
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celsius
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until completely combined. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the peanut butter until combined and then add the flour and baking soda.
- Once the flour is incorporated, fold in the chocolate chunks and M&Ms with a spatula.
- Scoop the cookies into a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden.