These blondies have the right balance of sweetness from the white chocolate, salt from the pretzels and a bit of both with the salted caramel! These blondies are something I had planned for a long time but somehow I really struggled to find salted pretzels, there seems to be a shortage of them in London somehow!
These blondies are actually really easy to make and take very little time. I prepared the salted caramel the day before so I could just make them in the morning and enjoy them after my lunch, because you know, we all need a little something sweet after lunch to keep us going!
What’s in them?
As I mentioned above, these blondies are very easy to make and I personally think they require very little ingredients. All you need to make them is white chocolate, butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, condensed milk, salted caramel and pretzels, that’s it! I made my salted caramel the day before using this recipe, I basically used pretty much the whole amount that comes out of the recipe, which is about 60 ml, but you can just save time and buy the salted caramel from the supermarket.
My family are really enjoying this recipe and I hope you do too!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- 200 gr of white chocolate
- 227 gr of butter
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 397 gr of condensed milk (that’s usually a whole can)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 192 gr of flour
- 100 gr of pretzels
- About 60 ml of salted caramel
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt the white chocolate and the butter together, set aside for a couple of minutes to cool down slightly.
- To the butter and chocolate, add the egg, vanilla extract and condensed milk. Then, add in the baking powder and flour and mix until combined.
- Take the pretzels and squash them with your hands so they break into pieces, we want big pieces not crumbs! So one little squash should be enough, I like them coming in different sizes too, so the less careful you are doing this, the better. Add the pretzels to the batter and mix again.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13-Inch baking tray and add around 8 big dollops of salted caramel. Using a skewer or a knife, swirl the salted caramel around so it reaches everywhere in the baking tray (see picture above), you can add some extra caramel if you feel it’s not enough. If you want, top the batter with some extra pretzels (I didn’t break these).
- Cook in the oven for 25-30. Feel free to add some extra salted caramel on top once they are ready!