Looking for a healthier but still tasty alternative to bread? Keep reading!
So I think it’s pretty clear by now how much I love bread, I think I would go as far as saying that bread is one of my favourite foods, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s also true.
I don’t know about you, but I really struggle with breakfast, I feel like there are 2 types of people, those who get really excited about breakfast and those who eat it because they have to, I am the second one. That together with the fact that I am trying to have a healthier lifestyle (at least during the week) got me thinking on how I can make breakfast healthy but also enjoyable, and this is how I arrived to this beauty!
This bread has no sugar, no dairy and is full of lovely seeds and nuts to give the kick of energy I need in the mornings. It’s lovely and soft and even though I mostly have it for breakfast, it makes a great mid morning snack too.
This is how I made it
All you need for this bread is: wholegrain flour, oats, chia seeds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cranberries, baking soda, agave nectar (or honey), eggs, salt, dairy free yoghurt of your choice (I used coconut to go with the nutty theme) and vegetable oil.
The first thing I did was mixing my dry ingredients in one bowl and my wet ingredients in a different bow.
Once that is done, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix well, this is a hard job so roll up your sleeves and get those muscles working! Once mixed, pour the mix into a greased baking tin, I added some extra sunflower seeds and oats on top for decor.
Cook for 20 minutes at 180 degrees and then 45-50 minutes at 150.
… and enjoy!
Dairy free, cashew & cranberry seeded bread
- 250 gr of wholegrain flour
- 100 gr of oats
- 30 gr of chia seeds
- 100 gr of cashews
- 50 gr of pumpkin seeds
- 50 gr of sunflower seeds
- 35 gr of flax seeds
- 60 gr of cranberries
- 2 tbsp of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 500 gr of dairy free yoghurt (I used coconut)
- 120 ml of vegetable oil (I used sunflower)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp of agave nectar (or honey)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- In a big bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ones in a separate bowl, which doesn’t need to be as big.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well. This will be a workout so roll up your sleeves and get those muscles going!
- Transfer your mix into a greased baking tin, I topped my bread with some more oats and sunflower seeds and cook for 20 minutes. After then, reduce the heat to 150 and cook for 45-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
- Feel free to use greek yoghurt instead of a dairy free alternative.
- I used a 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 Inch) baking tin
- Feel free to use any seeds you want for this!