These muffins feel as indulgent as normal muffins but they are filled with goodness from oats, wholemeal flour, honey and they have very little sugar.
If you follow me on Instagram you may have heard about my little adventure with these muffins this week. I initially made them with a much smaller muffin cases and only realised how little those cases were after I photographed them and looked at them in my laptop. So I spent the whole day thinking that I should make them again in proper muffin cases, because nobody likes a tiny muffin! So after much thinking, I found bigger cases and had to make them again, oh, the struggle!
Either way, I have been having these muffins as my breakfast for the past few days and really enjoying them, so will definitely be making them again soon!
This is how I made them…
All you need to make these muffins is: vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, milk, greek yoghurt, egg, wholemeal flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, oats and chocolate chip cookies.
- To start with, warm up the milk with the honey so the honey melts completely.
- Mix the oil and the sugar
- Add in the milk with the honey and mix well
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix until combined
- Fold in the greek yoghurt and mix again.
- Once combined, it’s time to add the flour, baking powder and salt
- Then fold in the oats and chocolate chips with a spatula
- All that is left to do is mix put the mix in the muffin cases and cook for 18 – 20 minutes, I sprinkled some oats on top of the muffins before putting them in the oven.
…. and enjoy!
Wholemeal chocolate chip muffins
Ingredients (makes 6 muffins as pictured above):
- 60 ml of vegetable oil (do not use olive oil as it’s overpowering)
- 50 gr of honey
- 50 gr of brown sugar
- 60 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 65 gr of greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 130 gr of wholemeal flour
- A pinch of salt
- 60 gr of oats (plus some extra to sprinkle on top of the oats before putting them in the oven)
- 100 gr of dark chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees celsius
- Warm up the milk with the honey so it melts in the milk
- Mix the sugar and the vegetable oil
- Add in the honey milk and mix well
- Add the egg and the vanilla and mix again
- Fold in the greek yoghurt
- Onced combined, add in the flour, baking powder and salt, mix again until well combined and there are no lumps
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Put the muffin batter on muffin cases and fill them up almost to the top, sprinkle some extra oats on top.
- Cook in the oven for around 18-20 minutes or until am inserted toothpick comes out clean.