A very long title for a very easy recipe! This little snack is full of protein and goodness and it’s perfect for a little pick me up or a breakfast on the go.
A while ago I asked on Instagram (follow me if you don’t!) what people wanted to see more and a few people said some more healthier snacks so I have actually been working on this recipe for a while, it has taken a few attempts to get it right, but I think this is the one! As usual, I have tried to reduce the sugar content for this recipe to make it as healthy as possible and I have avoided flour again by grinding some oat flakes. I also didn’t add any salt to it as the peanut butter is salted enough.
This is how I made it
As I mentioned, this recipe is very easy and doesn’t require lots of ingredients, you just need: lots of oats, chocolate chips, eggs, peanut butter, baking powder, vanilla, brown sugar, honey and butter.
And that is pretty much it! You just have to mix them, cook it in the oven until nice and brown and it’s ready to go, easy huh? This recipe is also big enough to last for a whole week, so this could be part of your meal prepping.
I am looking to work on this recipe a bit more with other flavours, maybe an apple one? Or I was also thinking a blueberry one, now that I have the measurements right for this one I can work on other flavours.
Flourless chocolate & peanut butter oat bars
- 200 gr of oats
- 100 gr of oats, grinded into a flour like consistency
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 50 gr of brown sugar
- 60 gr of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 100 gr of butter
- 100 gr of peanut butter
- 100 gr of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven @ 170 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, oat flour, baking powder and bowl sugar.
- Melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, turn off the stove and add the honey, the vanilla and the peanut butter and mix them well. The remaining heat from the stove will help them melt and mix them well.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix them well.
- Add in the eggs and mix again.
- Last, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread over a greased oven dish and cook in the oven from 25-30 minutes until the top is nice and golden.