A lovely light chocolaty tart with a salted caramel layer and a hazelnut and biscuit base. That’s all.
I am guilty of making this tart for 2 weekends straight and I may make it again.
This is a very easy no fuss no bake tart that requires very little ingredients, although it has chocolate, since it’s kept in the fridge it can also be eaten when the weather starts to warm up. I topped mine with some hazelnuts and then had it with a bit of double cream and strawberries, so, so good!
This tart has got everything I like, the 70 % bitter chocolate, the salted but sweet caramel and the nice crumbly base.
This is how I made it
All you need to make this tart is: butter, digestive biscuits (or graham crackers), hazelnuts, salted caramel, dark chocolate (I used 70 %), double cream, honey and vanilla.
The first thing to do is to prepare the base, for that, melt the butter and grind the biscuits in a food processor and mix them with melted butter, hazelnuts and honey. Cook the base in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
The next step is to prepare the salted caramel, you can make it in advance and warm it up so it liquidises, for the salted caramel recipe, follow this link, the full amount from the recipe will be needed for this tart.
While the caramel is cooking, prepare the filling for the tart. In a large pot (bigger than you think) warm up the double cream until it boils. Once it has started boiling, add the butter, chocolate, honey and vanilla and stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mix has a consistent dark colour throughout. Once you have got to that stage, take it off the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes. Do the same thing with the caramel.
Add a layer of salted caramel to the cookie bottom and then a layer of the chocolate mixture.
Set aside until completely cooled down and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Once it’s ready to serve, top it with some hazelnuts, cream, fruit or any topping of your choice!
No bake, salted caramel, chocolate & hazelnut tart
- 200 gr of digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 100 gr of chopped hazelnuts + some extra to decorate
- 300 ml of double cream
- 100 gr of dark chocolate (mine was 70 %)
- 40 gr of honey + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- 145 gr of butter divided into 100 gr and 45 gr
- Melt a 100 gr of butter in a pan and grind the biscuits in a food processor. Mix the biscuits with the chopped hazelnuts and then add in the butter and 2 tbsp of honey. Mix them well and put them on a baking tin, roast in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Start preparing the salted caramel, find the recipe for that here, this recipe will give exactly the salted caramel you need for the tart, so if you want more, double the ingredients. Once it’s ready, set aside to cool down slightly.
- Once the salted caramel is cooking, make the chocolate mix. In a big pot (bigger than you think), warm up the double cream until it starts boiling, then add the chocolate, 40 gr of honey, 45 gr of butter and the vanilla. Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mix has a consistent colour. Once ready, set aside and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Pour the salted caramel over the biscuit base and then top it with the chocolate.
- Set aside until it cools down and then put it in the fridge, refrigerate for at least to hours.
- Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!