These lovely fresh salmon tacos are bursting with flavour and will make your taco Tuesday healthier but extremely enjoyable.
I can’t start explaining how much I love tacos, I could possibly have them every day and I don’t think I would get tired of them. I used to have a friend in school who lived in Mexico for years, so her mom would cook us tacos al pastor whenever I went around and they were absolutely amazing, that is when my love for tacos started.
I also love salmon, in fact, I have just realised that all of the fish recipes I post in here contain salmon. I probably need to work on that…
In the meantime, I am so happy to share this recipe which is super easy but so good! Especially now that the weather is warming up and our bodies are asking for fresh food and we want to spend more time outside.
This is how I made it
The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it in advance, it’s a perfect meal to get home to after a long day and quickly put it together.
I actually cooked the salmon the day before and kept it in the fridge until lunch time and I did the same with the rice, you can obviously make it on the day and have it warm!
All you need to make this recipe is: salmon, chilli flakes, wholegrain rice, garlic, pickled onions, guacamole, feta cheese, small tortilla wraps and lime. An option for extra vegetables would be to add some lettuce to the mix!
I cooked the salmon with some chilli flakes for extra flavour, but that is completely up to you!
Also, with regards to the guacamole, you are more than welcome to make your own, but I won’t judge you if you buy it from the supermarket, just like I did.
Lastly, I used wholegrain rice and I cooked in in garlic because it feels like the most amazing flavour combination, but you are more than welcome to just use normal white rice and cook it the normal way, or even use the pre-cooked one for the store, they sell some already made mexican rice which would be perfect for this recipe.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes (les or more if you want it less or more spicy)
- 100 gr of wholegrain rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pickled onions
- 10 – 15 gr of feta cheese crumbled
- 4 small tortilla wraps
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
- Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and olive oil and cook them in the oven for the time recommended in the package.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the rice. Finely cut the garlic cloves and cook them in a heated pan with olive oil, just cook it for a few minutes until it starts to get a golden colour and it’s lovely and aromatic. Add in the rice and let it cook in the oil and garlic for 3-4 minutes so it absorbs the garlic flavours. Add in your water and cook until ready.
- Serve straight away or store away until ready to eat.
- Assemble the tacos when you are ready. The way I assemble them was to spread the guacamole, add in the rice, then the salmon, then the onions and finally the feta. Sprinkle a bit of lime…