It is incredibly sunny and warm outside and the only thing I can think of eating right now are cold salads. I love a pasta salad, me and my friends would eat them so often when we were 18 and to be honest, I still love them.
This salmon pasta salad is just the perfect leftover lunch, it’s full of veg and it takes very little time, the best thing is, because it’s cold, you can make it in advance and eat it whenever you want.
I made a lovely mustard vinaigrette to go with it which gave it that extra touch of flavour that it needed.
For this salad I used tomato, avocado, feta, asparagus and salmon, but you can literally use anything you have at home, it’s perfect for one of those days when you have no idea what to cook and decide to basically dump everything you have in the fridge, which is literally what I did!
I hope you enjoy this and enjoy the sun!
Summer salmon pasta salad
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 an avocado
- 100 gr of pasta (I used a mix with normal pasta, spinach pasta and lentil pasta)
- 10 gr of feta cheese
- 150 gr of asparagus tips
- Cherry tomatoes (to taste)
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp of good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of balsamic reduction
- If the salmon is not cooked, cook it following the instructions in the package.
- Cook the pasta following the package instructions, mine took 10 minutes, in boiling water with plenty of salt.
- Cook the asparagus on a pan with a bit of oil until they look vibrantly green and roasted.
- Drain the pasta and either serve it straight away or let it cool down so you have a cold salad, do the same with the asparagus.
- Put the pasta in a bowl together with the avocado, the feta, the asparagus, the tomatoes and the salmon.
- For the vinaigrette: mix all the ingredients and mix them well, the ingredients will naturally separate, give them another mix just before pouring over the food.