Happy Saturday! I am a little bit obsessed with muffins at the moment and this is a recipe I have been working on for a while. This muffins have been very successful in my house and I am so excited to be sharing them with everyone.
I think I have mentioned before that I don’t normally like lemon on sweet things and I am not a big fan of blueberry muffins, in fact, I am the kind of person who gets disappointed when they get a blueberry muffin rather than a chocolate one. But if you are like me, you will love these ones! They are nice and zesty, full of flavour and so, so moist.
I hope you guys try them and let me know!
Lemon, ricotta and blueberry muffins
Ingredients (makes 6 big muffins):
- 120 ml of vegetable oil (not olive oil as it’s overpowering)
- 200 gr of sugar + a bit more for sprinkling
- 120 ml of warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 157 gr of ricotta cheese
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 260 gr of flour
- A pinch of salt
- The zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 100 gr of blueberries
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees celsius
- Mix the sugar and oil
- Add the warm milk and mix well
- Beat the eggs separately and then add them to the mix. Add vanilla and mix it all together
- Fold the ricotta in until combined
- Add in the flour, the baking powder and the salt. I mixed everything with a spoon until this time, to do this I used a hand mixer as the flour may be a bit lumpy if you just use a spoon
- Add the zest, the lemon juice and the blueberries and mix slowly with a spoon
- Fill in the muffin cases or the tray almost until the top
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar over the muffins, this will make them slightly crunchy on top, they’ll have a lovely bite.
- Cook for 30 minutes if you are just using a muffin tray or for 40 – 45 minutes if you are using big muffin cases. They will be ready if you stick a toothpick through and it comes out clean
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
One response to “Lemon, ricotta and blueberry muffins”
[…] Lemon, ricotta and blueberry muffins — Break or Bake […]