How is it Saturday again? This week has gone by so quickly I fancied having something quickly and tasty for brunch. This week has been a bit hectic, since why I have been so quiet in here, that to be honest, I don’t feel like doing much, I just want to sit on the sofa, put my feet up and enjoy the weekend.
I am the biggest fan of the strawberry and almond butter combination, I love having it on toast. But today I decided to go that extra mile and add some whipped ricotta and just add a bit of agave syrup for that extra sweetness and oh was it perfect!
I am planning on doing many more recipes for the blog and specially to start making some more healthish dishes to share. It’s been a bit hard managing the blog together with my day job, however, I am absolutely loving it, I feel like it’s such a great way to get creative and I am also loving all the interactions I am having with other foodies!
Anyway! I hope you try this, I am now back to have my feet up and enjoy my Saturday!
Whipped ricotta, strawberry and almond butter toast
- One slice of sourdough bread
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of ricotta
- Agave nectar
- Toast the bread
- Whip the ricotta with a hand mixer until nice and creamy
- Spread the whipped ricotta over the toast
- Add the almond butter across the middle of the toast and swirl it with a small teaspoon making sure it mixes with the ricotta and we have a lovely pattern (this can be skipped and just mixed with the ricotta if you are not in the artistic mood)
- Cut the strawberries in your preferred shape and put them over the toast
- Add some agave nectar
- Serve straight away