I have seen online that pie season is over, but I don’t think I got the memo and to be honest, I am ok with that because this pie is so good you’ll want to make an exception! This pie is also perfect for this cold days to have warm or cold with a bit of hot custard, I honestly don’t think it gets any better than that.
It’s also a very easy pie, again, with ingredients that you have at home and it’s a great option for when you have some extra apples at home that are about to go. You can cook it right before eating and have it hot or you can have it cold.
The ingredients are easy: flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, apples, agave (you could use honey) and cinnamon.
I have made a little step by step with pictures which hopefully will make it even easier to make (the recipe in more detail and the ingredients are below):
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add the wet ones
2. Mix well until it turns into a crumbly dough. Set aside. Remember that this is an apple crumble so the dough is not going to be crumbly, so don’t panic if it feels like it’s not staying together, it’s all good.
3. Cut the apples into thin wedges, add the apple wedges in a bowl and add the cinnamon, vanilla and agave. Mix them up well. Set aside.
4. Press part of the mix on the bottom and sides of a pan.
5. Put the apples in the pan and sprinkle the remaining amount of the dough mix over the apples. Again, it’s a crumple, so we are going for that effect on top, it doesn’t need to look perfect (another good thing about this cake, you can actually be lazy)
And it’s done! Hope you enjoy this nice heartwarming dish!